wording on proposal

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Apr 17, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

if you were giving a bid, for takeing out shrubbery, and disposing of same, what would be the "professional" way to word it. like this:" TEAR OUT AND DISPOSE OF SHRUBBERY." or like this:" REMOVEL AND DISPOSAL OF SHRUBBERY". no, this isn't for me, i'm trying to settle an argument with a friend. he writes his bids as " TEAR OUT SHRUBBERY." i told him the better wording would be " REMOVE SHRUBBERY". opinions please, thank you

2. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Removal and disposal of shrubbery.

all I can think of is the holy grail. NI NI NI NU...no no no, NI NI

3. greenwithenvylandscape

greenwithenvylandscape LawnSite Member

I agree that "remove" sounds more professional

4. BALDEAGLE

BALDEAGLE LawnSite Member

shrub removal & disposal + landfill fees

5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Your friend wouldn't have a last name of Python, first name Monty, would he???

While you're add it, make sure you make a note about a Holy Grail or something as well.

Always in search of the Holy Grail.

6. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

That says it all. You even argue w/ friends. Most of us would just debate the issue. Anyway to answer your question for "your friend", I usually submit removAL and disposal of shrubs and stumps. Get yourself a dictionary or spell checker Gedd, or do you go w/ the old rhymes w/ shovel, must end in el? As in go to..... :D

7. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Removal and disposal of shrubs, brush, trees, rocks and/or other debris as deemed necessary, and agreed upon.

8. joshlawn

joshlawn LawnSite Member

Replace "Tear Out and Dispose" with the word Excavation. Sounds more professional and saves space. The new description could read either, "Excavation of Shrubbery", or "Shrubbery Excavation" depending on context of use. :cool:

9. mowdini

mowdini LawnSite Member

Remove & dispose of existing shrubbery

10. ToroLover

ToroLover LawnSite Member

Bobby....that is so barbaric I would never word it like that, who in there right mind would? :rolleyes: