Words fastest mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TFL, Jun 24, 2002.

1. TFL

TFL LawnSite Member

On the Discovery Channel right now there is a show on where they are building the worlds fastest lawnmower out of a mustang. it is (9 P.M. central time ) check it out it iis pretty cool.:D

2. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

Just finished watching it. Pretty wild. Too bad they couldn't figure out the reels for the doors.

3. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

looked neat better than the one they use at an airport field near me its a late 60s stationwagon with a bushhog in front hooked to the engine thing is pretty quick and was giving a great cut for what he was going through

4. lawnmowerman29

lawnmowerman29 LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

i read in a lawncare mag. about a European company that makes a mower that seats two, and looks like a car. It uses lazer beams to cut the grass, i think it said it could mow at 50 mph. It lists for 30,000 i think?

5. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Yea but do these things stripe? :D :p hehe..

6. TFL

TFL LawnSite Member

Amzing machine. Can't see many real wworld uses though.

7. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

I didn't have the time last night to see it. Are they going to show it again?

8. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Cool show! I like the idea of driving it to the customers place, dropping the mower attachment, mow and go. No trailer or truck needed.....LOL :D

Jessie James is a cool dude. Makes the worlds coolest hog's and then does this show with a mustang mower and the VW airboat. Must be nice to be able to have the funding to just play around with his toys!

9. LGM

LGM LawnSite Member

:angry: The mustang mower only cuts grass at 60 mph while the dixie chopper has a top speed of eighty miles an hour! :cool: