Lawn Care Forum banner

Work and Equipment Pictures

119K views 299 replies 51 participants last post by  jay317 
#1 ·
Well i figured since my old thread had stuff from where i used to work, i wanted to start a thread that was all my company. Starting to run out of winter work with no snow. Possibly adding this dump in the next couple days, just gotta get a couple more things in line. Its a 2004 Chevy 3500 extended cab with a 10ft dump 6.0, 4x4 69 on the engine and a 9ft western plow. Also looking at adding a second ZTR if i land a couple commercials were a second mower would benefit me. Im looking at this 2009 Exmark Lazer Z X series 29/60 with 415hrs. Ill get some pics up of some stihl stuff i bought over the past couple of months

Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Car

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

See less See more
#279 ·
Landfakers- Thanks man, We actually own a S590. not sure if i have a pic on here That thing has been mulching our commercial accounts for about the last month. We are singing the dotted line on a Deere 323E if we can't find anything lightly used by friday. My Deere dealer has one setup exactly how we want in stock. For our upcoming workload this year tracks are the way to go. I don't think that machine will have anytime to rest all year between installs new lawns and hardscaping its going to be busy

Lawn- 180 was a rental was actually surprised by the power it had and it graded pretty good, i haven't ran foot controls in a few years so i was a bit rusty at the start any hardscaping or lifting pallets it wouldn't cut it

#281 ·
Just finished reading this whole thread. Good to see a fellow young guy doin big things. Are you self taught or did you go to school for anything?
Posted via Mobile Device
I went to college at East Carolina GO PIRATES!!!!! for 2 years for construction management before i stopped. I also took some business classes while i was there. I worked for my old teacher/landscaper after my senior year of high school and freshman college summer so learned a good deal on landscaping there. Never ran a mower, pulled a real size trailer and any type of tractors. well i learned on a 31hp kubota ZD331 Our shortest trailer was a 16ft deckover learned tractors on 60-70hp machines, i learned as i went. We only did commercial There was a guy there who pretty much runs stuff(buying out the guy when he's retiring) who taught me a lot of what i know He doest resi lawns on the side so i worked with him too and help me out subbing me some lawns my first year.

I learned a lot of what i know about hardscaping from watch videos looking on here and talking to other guys when i have questions. I did take ICPI this year just to help me gain knowledge on certain types of jobs i haven't done yet. Learned plants from walking around nurseries and asking questions.

Learn new things every year about running my own business, talk to and am friends with a ton of landscapers and some guys on here i talk to here and there. Actually one of the better places i found for learning new ideas, techniques and such is Instagram there a ton of landscapers on there and some accounts that post a ton of peoples pictures, can talk to people and ask questions i think theres a lot of guys from here on there

Thanks for the compliment again Would love to to see some of your work when you get time

#289 ·
some stuff from this year tearing out a sidewalk putting in a new walkway and some new stuff we picked up 1 of grinding stumps and the lawn i posted pictures of earlier which came in nice we didn't do anything after the overseeding owner mows it and is doing any fert work

New TS420 saw
New Laser level
Used Wacker 1550

and my new F250 ext cab short bed FX4 6.7 Powerstroke diesel its getting a 8'6 western MVP3 some strobes Protech backpack and weather guard tool box have lariat rims on order and terra grapplers gonna run those in the summer and the xlt rims in the winter

Will get some of our hardscaping projects pictures up soon also have some new toys coming in the next few weeks

Saw Plant Motor vehicle Toy Mower

Automotive tire Tree Vehicle Building Road surface

Plant Wheel Tire Automotive tire Grass

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive tire

Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle Grass Tree

Plant Motor vehicle Tree Asphalt Road surface

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car

Plant Green Tree Botany Land lot

#296 ·
it was pretty nice it isn't great for new beds but we have a brown bed edger for new beds it works well for redefining i would suggest getting one it was well worth the money
Yea, kind of figured it was not good with making a new bed. But I'm sure it works great with bed edging that is already there. That's in line to be purchased. How do you like the brown bed edger over a shovel? I'm guessing it is a lot quicker, I've never used one so I am not sure. I am still learning the business, the company I worked for all we did was use shovels.

With biding for edging beds- guessing around a .50 to a dollar a foot? And I am guessing there is a price difference between redoing an edge and creating a whole new bed?

#297 ·
Yea, kind of figured it was not good with making a new bed. But I'm sure it works great with bed edging that is already there. That's in line to be purchased. How do you like the brown bed edger over a shovel? I'm guessing it is a lot quicker, I've never used one so I am not sure. I am still learning the business, the company I worked for all we did was use shovels.

With biding for edging beds- guessing around a .50 to a dollar a foot? And I am guessing there is a price difference between redoing an edge and creating a whole new bed?
I like the brown pulling it around kinda sucks if the terrain is rough but it sure as heck beats a shovel it is also a lot more consistent with a shovel i got a great deal on mine. I will more than likely purchase a little wonder next but the brown is very nice i would recommend it to anyone way more efficient and consistent than shovels honestly don't have a per foot price i just kinda now can look at the job and roughly figure out how long it will take to edge with going form bed to bed then just the man hour and hourly rate for the edger.

I honestly don't bid anything by ft sqft yd etc theres to many variables i bid everything essentially like T&M

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.