WORK BOOTS any real good ones?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by linky, Dec 30, 2000.

1. linky

linky LawnSite Member

RED WINGS are the best that i have found. They are comfortable from day one.The soles are nearly treadless
    and provide more traction than any other boot that i have tried. My only complaint is that i wear out the soft compound sole every three to four monthes. The sales person said they offer a harder compound soul, but with loss of traction and comfort. I guess i need a sulky. What do your feet like?

2. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

I have tried all types of work boots from Georgia boot, Carolina, Red Wing, Wolverine, etc...
    The BEST wearing boots I have found anywhere are made by HY-TEST. They are owned by florsheim shoes. They make many different styles with several soles available. Just make sure that the ones you get have the green stripe running through the sole. Salesman will know what I mean.

3. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

john deere made by florsheim also and have the green stripe in the sole. Only ones I found to last over a season. Most comfert on the feet also!!!

4. SMB

SMB LawnSite Senior Member

Hi-Tec Idaho ST Hikers from Red Wing are the BEST!

5. stick9

stick9 LawnSite Senior Member

I like the Knapps ATV series ... very comfortable from day one ... they usually last me about 5-6 months before it's necessary to get another pair .. so, about 1.5 pairs of boots per season.

StICk-niNe

6. Shack

Shack LawnSite Member

I like Cat. They last about 6 months, very good fit, dont have to worry about water on your feet wet socks.

7. I've stopped spending money on name brand boots.Why?? The soles only last me 2 to 2 1/2 months. On average, the boots I buy from Payless shoe source last me the same amount of time. The cost is around $25 to $45 depending if steel toe,waterproof, and sole type. As for comfort, nothing that a cheep pair of Dr. Scholz air inserts can't fix. Why spend $$$ on name brand shoes when the soles only going to last me 2 months and cost me between 35 to 45 dollars to re-sole.

Keep them feet dry, that's the trick to comfort!:)
    Happy New Year
    John

8. pace lawn care

pace lawn care LawnSite Member

I agree with Gusbuster, Wal-Mart or other discount stores has as good of boot as any. I finally learned this after buying high price boots for 20 years of working in the wood.

9. Dan Stoms

Dan Stoms LawnSite Member

I have found Wolverine boots are comfortable with the Duro Shock sole,and the sole last a good year. I walk on cement and grating for eight hours a day,and they get wet alot too.

10. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Wolverine and Timberlands for me!