1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Work Boots

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Prestigelawncare, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Prestigelawncare

Prestigelawncare LawnSite Member

As much as we are on our feet and in all different types of terrain and weather. Does anybody have an opinion on a good set of work boots. I go through about 2 pair a year and tried a few different companies....... Husky, Rocky and so on. Either they are to hot, wear out or say they are waterproof and dont come close to keeping my feet dry.
  2. SamTheLawnMan

SamTheLawnMan LawnSite Member

I would say a good pair of lightweight hiking boots are the way to go.
    I pay ..i think.... like $75-$80 for the ones I get and they last me all year.
    Wolverine waterproof hiking boot with some good inserts....Pleasure to the feet
  3. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

timberlands .........close thread this one is finished
  4. pinto n mwr

pinto n mwr LawnSite Senior Member
    from gr8, mn

red wing, now you can close the thread.

I am kind of a cheap arse, but when it comes to the feet, that's when I'll shell out as much as possible for comfort.
  5. Danielslawnservice

Danielslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Yup! Red Wings are good too.:weightlifter::weightlifter:
    any thing less is :nono:

6. Danielslawnservice

Danielslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

I have 3 pairs of boots the at use weekly i switch off... i read in a study that the same pair of shoes/boots every day is bad for the feet. my feet feel better when i do this and it's more comfortable... less blisters and sh**
  7. jsw2008

jsw2008 LawnSite Senior Member

My wife got me a pair of Field and Stream work boots for Christmas because she was tired of seeing my old Rockies. She bought them at Sports Authority. I was not sure about them until I wore them. Best pair of boots I've ever had. More comfortable than Rocky or Wolverine or any other brand I've ever worn. Not too expensive either..only $89 and seem to be holding up great and I've been wearing them every day since January.
  8. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

i got my timberland pro work boot for christmas this year and pretty much don't wear anything else on my feet now.
  9. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

I use Carolina steel toe boots. They're great. Cost about $100, but they are worth it.
  10. CircleC

CircleC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NW

Danner boots.....use them to mow, fert, sprinkler stuff and hang x-mas lights in the fall. Breath well when its in the 100's and they are waterproof for about a year. I go through 1 and a half pairs a year (usually get a pair in Oct for B-Day) About $145 a pair money well spent!