Work Boots????

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by PMSHUNTSVILLE, Jun 5, 2009.

1. PMSHUNTSVILLE

PMSHUNTSVILLE LawnSite Member

Looking for a good work boot at a reasonable price. Everything seems a little high but I may just be cheap. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

3. sslopok

sslopok LawnSite Member

I love Caterpillar boots. They are super comfy and look great at the same time. They last forever and a day also. I am rocking a pair that are like 10 years old. I have a back-up new pair that I wear occasionally.
    sslopok

4. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

I have a pair of caterpillars also. The bottoms are falling off but i have them held on with screws.

5. 2Brosmow

2Brosmow LawnSite Member

I really enjoy my redwings. They are built tough and they last. they are a little pricey though

6. W.L.M.

W.L.M. LawnSite Senior Member

I like the timberland pro's they are tough but still light enough to use for mowing.

7. djflats

djflats LawnSite Senior Member

I wear these by Thorogood. They're actually desert combat boots. Lightweight and steel toe. I work for an electrical utility and wear them in the gravel, 1"-3" rock, concrete, dirt, and mud. I climb ladders, use shovels, and walk steel beams with them. During the cutting season I maintain the substation yards so they get plenty of use at lawn care. Good boots and comfortable.
    [​IMG]
    http://www.botachtactical.com/thorogood1.html

8. TurfTrimmer 92

TurfTrimmer 92 LawnSite Member

Redwings all the way.

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I bought a pair of Carhart boots from Tractor Supply about 1.5 months ago. Steel Toe and water proof. Nice and comfy! They weren't cheap..$150 but hopefully there will last for a few years!

10. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Asolo Hiking boots.

I go through one pair a year, $200 bucks a pop. My feet are part of the machine that is me, so I don't skimp on boots.