Work boots

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by spcfoor, Nov 10, 2004.

1. spcfoor

spcfoor LawnSite Senior Member

I am in need of a good pair of comfortable yet strong work boots any suggestions. Thanks

2. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

Red wings, there no break in time and will last a long time. Ive had mine a year, and bet I could get 1 more. I wore out $80 sears boots in 6 months.

3. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

like Ryan Lighting said, Red Wings are great. Had them in the past and hard to beat, but I did pick up a pair of Georgia boots this past spring that I really like as well. Wear them everyday, even when not working. Took a couple days to break them in, but a good boot. And they are the 6" boot, I don't like anything higher unless they're my hunting boots.

Buck

4. Longstar

Longstar LawnSite Member

Red Wings all the way. I've had mine for 3 years now and just gettin' them broke in and ready for another 3 years.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I've had great luck with Wolverines. The thing that I like about them is that they are SO soft. It's like walking on pillows. Each pair last me a few years.

6. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I prefer the Timberland Pro boots. I have two pair, one is a low cut style like a shoe I wear for maint. and mowing, and the other is an 8" style with steel toe for running machinery and hardscaping..

7. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

Kmart cheapies... $35 bucks and their water proof. they're the hiking style work boot. bought them in February.. wearing them as i type right now, reluctant to start another leaf clean up... damn its cold. :help:

i'm going in a couple of days to buy another pair, in black, to double as snow boots and to go with my santa suit, under the black boot top with fur :blob3:

8. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

I haven't spent more then $45 a year on boots for about 11 years now.

9. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

Just one question.....what's wrong with sneakers? not in the late fall or winter, but Why not sneakers in the spring and summer?

george

10. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Steel-toed Doc Matrins....best boot I have owned. Paid around $125 3 years ago and still going strong. My feet have never taken to boots well, but these did.