work clothes..your opinion please

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GarPA, Mar 30, 2002.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

been trying to find the right work shorts...almost went with the carharts..they're ok but for the price I'm not thrilled with them.
    I use logo'd work shirts and hats, truck and trailer professionally lettered. Ok now you'll hammer me on this one probably....what do you think of using Levi jean shorts with the shirts and hats I mentioned above? They wear well, easy to keep clean, reasonable in price and provide a consistent 'look'. Not talking 'cut offs' here..rather the actual tailored short. Alot of other professionals who do work at my home wear nice jeans and their work is alot less dirty than ours...thanks

2. yergus

yergus LawnSite Member

the men that work for me are required to wear our logo t-shirts, and black jeans. they can wear shorts as long as they are black, in good repair, clean, not cut offs, and not too short. anything else they go back home and change clothes.

3. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

Nothing wrong with that, I'm getting some shirts lettered, but will probably wear Levi or other jean shorts or jeans.

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Nothing wrong with denim Levi's, but they are pretty pricey unless you buy them in Sept when all Summer clothes are on clearance for winter wear coming in.

I use the Carhartt 8oz painters short. Bought a bunch (8) a couple years ago for $20 a piece. Now I see they are up to $26.95 for one at Gemplers.

As for BLACK Denim Jeans.....WOW can you say H O T !! Are you serious, you MAKE them wear BLACK? :confused:

5. Robert Ewald

Robert Ewald LawnSite Member

When we had our shirts and hats made the ad agency we used had a catalog that had every type of clothing possible in it. They had eveything from uniforms to white dress shirts. Maybe you can look at a place like this and see if they have something durable like jeans but with a more professional look to it, if you are conserned about the way jean shorts might look.

6. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Black pants. Do you have industrial supplier for Cruex? We wear beige pants/ shorts or jeans. I tell employees if you can take the pain of trimming and keep up production then you can wear shorts.
    Mark

7. yergus

yergus LawnSite Member

apparantly you have never wore the black jeans, they are not as hot as you would think the are, and they look good with the atheltic gold t-shirts. i wear them, so i know.

8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I've never worn BLACK jeans before, but I have worn jeans a few times by mistake. Ended up getting hot that day, and I never sweat so much in my life! Insides of my legs were chaffed!

My question to you .... apparantly you have never worn Lightweight Khaki shorts :eek:

9. Southern Lawns

Southern Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Croft & Barrow light or dark khaki cargo shorts. Plenty of pockets, cool. About $15.00 a pair. You can find them at Kohls or on the net. That's all I wear from March till December.

10. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm with you Southern .... light khaki shorts .... the baggy ones with the elastic waist ... I'd never wear jeans in the summer .... but it's was in the 80's yesterday