1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

work comp

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by aka lawn, Feb 16, 2013.

1. aka lawn

aka lawn LawnSite Member

I am working on bidding a job for the city and I will need to hire someone to help. So I need work comp insurance. Is there a company you all prefer. I am going to get an estimate. My future father-in-law is an insurance agent that is who I have my commercial insurance through just wondering what is out there. Thanks
  2. Ben/Insurance

Ben/Insurance LawnSite Member

Workers comp rates are set and regulated by each state and insurance companies have very little wiggle room on rates (they are called "loss costs") so it's probably a good idea to get the insurance from your father in law. Ask him if he can get a private carrier (Travelers, CNA, AIG) to write the policy instead of using a state run carrier. Good luck.
  3. GreenGuysLC

GreenGuysLC LawnSite Senior Member

My local Independent agent had trouble finding Work Comp. I finally did my own looking and found CNA through the Bolt Agency. I do know she has since quoted me with Travelers and gave me a cheaper rate for more payroll. I will be swapping soon.