work during the winter

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JTS lawn care, Jan 2, 2003.

1. JTS lawn care

JTS lawn care LawnSite Member

i was wondering what kind of work you guys do during the winter to keep busy and make money.

2. Acorn

Acorn LawnSite Member

plow snow

3. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Commercial contracts.:) Those dont just happen over night. I worked part time job, "for the man", during the winter months.

4. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i try and do leaf jobs when we aren't getting 74" of rain a year!

other than that i usual ask if they want breadsticks with their order.

5. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

chop wood, and sell it. plow snow. handy man service...painting, finishing basements, remodel bath rooms, ect. work at a ski reasort. (that was the best job i have ever had... snowmoblie and load lifts, set up ski races, check out the snow bunnies! party with pro riders!!!VN!!! i guess you could deliver pizza's?!
    i guess you could also get a paper route!!!:) some lady tryed to get me to do that.... i said "uh yeah i don't think so"

6. GrassMaster84

GrassMaster84 LawnSite Member

Mike, correct me if I am wrong but it's been about 2 weeks full of wet messy weather over the holidays, it's really starting to get on my nerves!!

- But it has pushed the ducks down South!!:D

7. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I do maintance on all the equipment, do modifacations to trailers etc. But my biggest thing I do is tour around to the snowmobile races, especially ovals.

8. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I still have about 3 weeks of "fall" cleanups left. Then I have quite a few hedge trimming jobs. Have already lined up 3 weeks of spring mulching jobs, which I'll begin in early March. Then it's time for spring cleanups and Premie apps. Not much down time here, except for snowouts!!!

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Plow snow...and there seems to be plenty of it already this year. Two storms in December and another Nor'easter in the making as I speak here in NJ.

10. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Snow clearing, prevention & treatment of ice, sell firewood and get everything ready for the upcoming year. Spend some time relaxing and catching up on items at home.

Gravely_Man