Work, Equipment, Truck, Toys, Etc

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by JContracting, May 29, 2012.

1. ETPRO

ETPRO LawnSite Senior Member

Really like the water falls going through the pavers. Thats neat. What kind of maintenance is involved with keeping the water clear?

2. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not sure exactly. Being as there aren't many of those around yet (waterfalls onto permeable paver patios), my teacher's company's display at the MN State Fair and the one at school are the only ones I know of other than a couple that his company has installed for clients. I'd assume there isn't much maintenance involved as long as the water stays flowing, below the patio there is plenty of rock for the water to run through and screen out dirt or whatever is collected.

3. Mowingkid35

Mowingkid35 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey where are you at in MN i noticed Champlain? We do a lot of work in that area. Good luck to you this year, have fun plowing.

4. JContracting

Champlin. No A. But I'm just west of Champlin Park HS a little bit. Whats your company's name?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Mowingkid35

Mowingkid35 LawnSite Senior Member

Carlen Lawn & Snow LLC, we plow the Champlain BP on 169 and 114th av thats one of our commercials in the Champlain area, but mostly do a lot of residentials

6. JContracting

Looks like yall come out of Dassel all the way out here? Thats insane! How long does it take in a snowstorm?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. JContracting

And it's not "Champlain" there is no "A" after the "L". Champlin. Very simple to spell.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. JContracting

Some updates, we had 4 clippers come in a row last weekend, one each day Fri-Mon. Those are the best! Real easy to push. 1 was 2" and enough to plow everything but then 2 more were 1" and I was able to do the 1" accts. Then we had 4"-4.5" yesterday. It was pretty wet and heavy, burned way more fuel than normal but it cleaned up well early in the night as it was still pretty warm out.

[​IMG]
    The nice fluffy, light, Alberta clipper snow is pretty easy to move from sidewalks!

I was just about done for the night last night at 1:30, heading back to one of my banks to salt the walks and parking spaces and I checked the MN Snow thread on Plowsite and a guy needed a lot done because he wasn't going to be able to make it in time, a large (to me) office, it was plowed once earlier but took 3 hours to plow and shovel the sidewalks and it was about 3x the size of my largest lot, right away it's definitely a little overwhelming.

[​IMG]

This is from the last of the clippers last week, I was trying to break up some ice in one of my lots and push a little too hard, made the blade trip and it ended up knocking a wire loose from the hard impact once the blade was back into position. It would only go up and side to side, not down! I had to jack it up for the night to get the weight off my truck and then went to my Boss dealer right away in the morning and they got it fixed, $85 later that is...
    And I bent the hell out of the new kickstand... :mad:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A shot from last night.
    [​IMG]

My truck and its operator are going to be enjoying some rest for the next few days :) there also isn't much in the forecast for snow.

9. pb6074

pb6074 LawnSite Member

$85 plus you had all the PA contractors working hard figuring out solutions i heard!

10. JContracting

True dat! Hahaha
    Posted via Mobile Device