1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Work, Equipment, Truck, Toys, Etc

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by JContracting, May 29, 2012.

1. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Mine is a gas powered skid with electric hose reel so its not exactly what your looking at. Last year it was mounted on a single axle (3500lb) trailer which is why I needed the quick coupler. This year I am going to mount it in the bed of a pickup to be more DOT compliant lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

I checked into it and a 225 gal sprayer fully loaded is a few hundred pounds below the weight limit.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. ryde307

ryde307 LawnSite Senior Member

I was talking more about the enclosed. Because when turning around in culdesacs and such it is always dragging one axle. They tend to bend or shift from there location.

4. JContracting

Oh. I'm thinking of mounting it to my 6x10 open trailer and dedicate that to fert/weed control. Keeping my enclosed out of the picture for that.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. ryde307

ryde307 LawnSite Senior Member

I know I was just talking about the trailer as a separate matter.

6. ETPRO

ETPRO LawnSite Senior Member

Just be carefull, some pesticide mixes make the solution heavier than just plain water at 8.3 lbs. Sometime we add chelated iron to some of our spray mixes to minimize chlorosis and I believe it can way up to 11 lbs/gallon. Not all of that is iron, and I know thats an extreme example. But when you start mixing chemical in those tanks. The density of solution can increase significantly.

7. landscaper5

landscaper5 LawnSite Member

Hey man, do you have any good websites to get flyers/door hangers?

8. JContracting

Got print has been great, ill be using them again this year.

We're about to get rocked with 10-14" of snow starting the next few hrs, which is huge compared all the events we've had this year. Add 30-40 mph winds with temps dropping from 35 to below zero tmrw, this should be one wild ride.

I also picked up a brand new Toro 418 single stage snowblower for ny shoveler to run, this should make life MUCH easier for this storm!!! Especially on the commercial properties w/ lots of sidewalks.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  9. JContracting

Some pics from the snow storm last Thur/Fri. Most areas had around 7.5-9" of accumulation, every property was done twice with the exception of 1 comm prop that is cheap and only wants one service per storm (price increases with depth) and another commercial was done twice completely and then cleaned up. The drifts at one of the commercial properties were 2-3', we would've screwed without the blower!!!!!! We started at 4pm Thur and were done at 12:30a Fri night, 32.5 hrs with taking about a half hour break to eat breakfast on late Friday morning, I had been awake for 38 hrs straight. That's the longest I've ever plowed, it was not exactly fun the last 10 hours, my shoveler was falling asleep between stops.

The blower the day I took it home.
    [​IMG]

These were from the same property.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The amount of cars that we saw that were stuck was insane, I've never seen so many. The roads are still horrible today because the salt shortage and the cold temps.

While we were plowing this place for the last time on Friday night I started hearing squeaking from the front right wheel. Took it to my younger bro's work today (Firestone) and the ball joints are shot, so all of those are being replaced along with getting an alignment. I'd rather pay for them to be done now rather than have them break during the next snow storm!!
    Landed another resi account that hasn't been done (for sale) in quite a while and we'll be snowblowing it via my buddy's skid w/ snow blower attachment as well as stacking/blowing piles at a commercial property tmrw night because after these past two storms there is almost no room to pile snow. There's word of another storm this weekend into next week and I hope that's it for snow afterward! I want it to be warm and start hustling lawn & landscape work.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  10. J & D Greens

J & D Greens LawnSite Senior Member

You guys defiantly earn every penny on this one. Now are you set for spring to come?