Work, Equipment, Truck, Toys, Etc

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by JContracting, May 29, 2012.

1. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

We would be 9/13.5 if you wanted to keep it in sq yds. Yea, prepped and graded. Our material cost is triple.

How many zones was the sprinkler system?

2. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, that's insanely expensive for sod!! Probably because the lack of larger area for sod farms on Long Island?

It was a 4 zone system, we directly didn't install it. 2 of my good friends own a partnership that do irrigation as well as landscape installs and they did the system.

3. Barrett Landscaping

Barrett Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

So the irrigation was included in that price? Dang the customer got a steal on that job!

4. JContracting

Not really. We had a very healthy margin. There was not that much hauled out, 4 dump trailer loads of dirt/brush plus one small load of concrete.
    My buddies that did the irrigation lost out on a sod install last week & the company that got it was at $2.25/yd. The material cost is about $1.65/yd delivered or $1.35/yd picked up which is the cheapest I've seen. Whoever goes with them gets a good deal but most likely horrible work quality.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Barrett Landscaping

Glad to hear that. Around here at least to sod alone would be 7-10k easy plus irrigation

6. JContracting

Yikes! Maybe we just have so many sod farms around here that the prices are lower.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Barrett Landscaping

Maybe. There are two here. Generally we tear out the old yard and install new sod between 1.5 to 1.75 a sqft
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. 2 Cycle

2 Cycle LawnSite Senior Member

Damn nice job!

9. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Yea the sprinklers alone would be 3k! As long as you're making your margin though
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. JContracting

It's been a pretty busy month. Record breaking for both revenue AND profit in my company's history! Not only volume but margin wise :D :D :D

Revenue this month was just about $3,000 short of the entire year of 2012's revenue. Needless to say (now that I've had a chance to run the numbers after the past couple very busy weeks) I'm extremely happy to be where we're at and hope to only keep the freight train rolling to finish out the season strong. Getting near the end of the current backlog within a couple weeks for landscape installs but with the leads my website has been generating I'm banking we'll have installs through mid October and then things will be crazy for fall clean ups.

I'm also hoping to have a nice surprise for everyone very soon ;)

Here are some shots from recent projects.

before1-1.jpg

During2-1.jpg

During1-1.jpg

After3-1.jpg

After2-1.jpg