Work Experience

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by LawnMastersTx, Feb 3, 2008.

1. LawnMastersTx

LawnMastersTx LawnSite Member

While looking over the irrigation forum and doing searches on different items (ET controllers, repair work, Hunter vs. RB) I notice that experience in the field is what everyone keeps talking about. So what I am wondering is if any of you guys from north Texas would be interested in having someone tag along with you a couple of days?

Here is my background so you know who you are getting. I have been in lawn care maintenance since I was 14. The heat doesn’t bother me to much anymore. I am not afraid of work at all. All it takes is one time for me to see something and i can repeat it from now on, so a quick learner. I went to UTA for computer science/Engineering, but switched over to Information Systems. At 20 I was elected as City Councilmen of Annetta, which is the big houses of Aledo everyone talks about. Money does not drive me, a happy customer is what keeps me working. Its why I only do a select number of houses each year for lawn maintenance. My area of work is west tip of Ft. Worth to Weatherford. So you don’t have to worry about me trying to take any of your customers. Even if you were in my area I would not do this. I sleep at night with a clear conscience. Btw I am clean cut with no crazy/colored hair or piercings.

What I am looking for is to work a couple of days with someone doing repair work or an install. Looking for someone who would not mind me asking questions and taking notes. I do not mind digging or anything else asked of me dealing with work on an irrigation system. Monday-Wednesday is open for me not this week but next. I do not expect to get paid, my pay is learning from your experience.

If anyone is interested please let me know. I live out in Aledo, but do not mind driving to anywhere in north Texas area.

Oh yeah, I do have my license LI16205

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Free Labor!!! Woot ::sending airline ticket::

3. LawnMastersTx

lol, yup i am free labor, just looking for some hands on experience. The books and classes can only teach so much. Maybe one of these Pro's will show me a thing or two that can help save some money for my customers.

4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

You're going to find some hesitation in this. Most people don't want to train their competition.

5. LawnMastersTx

Good point, I saw that most of these guys are around hour to two hours away from me, so I am hoping they wont consider me competition. Never hurts to ask, worse thing that can happen is they say no ;)

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry, wack jobs only!:blob2:

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Only if you agree to wear a clown suit and fright wig.

8. LawnMastersTx

LOL, to be honest, i would wear what ever you would want. With these warm temps i would even work in a speedo, problem though, people would just think you have your guy wearing a wool outfit. Dang migrating hair =(

9. No Rush

No Rush LawnSite Member

hey, lay off the Rogaine!:laugh:

10. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

msg fimco, he loves free labor:)