Work for any BANKS?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Guardian, Nov 22, 2002.

1. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I do many different types of commercial properties, but BANKING is new to me. I am looking for info from those of you who service banks who have HIGH insurance requirements and extremely detailed scopes. How do you price these compared to places like condos?
    Any info helps - Thanks

2. landman

landman LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Banks are good customers pay on time no big complaints only PITA is you have to do them on weekends, early morning or late afternoon so that you dont have to worry about cars and patrons interfering with your work.

3. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Also, most banks want one company to maintain all the branches around that area. A lot of windshiled time is involved servicing banks.

4. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

I'm currently talking to a bank about doing their grounds. It would be two branches in my town. I know the manager of my local branch. She is getting me bidding info.

5. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

We used to do about 7 Commerce Bank Branches in a surrounding county last year. Great to do business with, this company wants everything to look the best. If a shrub was dead,dying, or not looking good, rip it out and replace it.. I mean we got BIG BIG dollars for replacing stuff becuase they had no clue. We mulched and trimmed the hedges three times a year, fertilized I think about 7 times.. The only downfall was the payment terms. They always paid but they only paid quarterly, every so many months which really stunk..

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Work for banks? Sure! I work my rearend off, and it seems the BANK gets all my money!

7. anythinglawns

anythinglawns LawnSite Member

I maintained all First National's main office and all branches in my county for several years. They where alway great to work for. I also took care of the bank presidents home, still do. First National was bought out by Union Planters and things went down the toilet from there. They dropped me after years of good service and told me a "national contractor" was taking over. (I won't go into that). They told me to finish out season but I would have to send my bills to "US Lawns" in Knoxville. It was months before I got paid and when I called they always gave me a hard time. Anyway, working for First National was great. Union Planters in there greatness are not so good to do work for.
    I could go on about this for days with the details, but I have already complained on this board enough about that.