Work for realtors?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ScottHypsie, Aug 4, 2014.

1. ScottHypsie

ScottHypsie LawnSite Member

I have taken 3 different realtors on as clients in the years and everyone of them seems to be a jerk. They are always really argent and want me to do everything for free. The last one i had i did 4 properties for everyone of them was biweekly, normally i dont do biweekly but it was a reference from a pretty good customer. Anyway the 3 rentals all had problems with the sprinkler system that I fixed multiple times but 2 of them the tenants would turn them off every other visit and the grass would die. Her lawn her grandkids were constantly breaking sprinklers and spots would flood and others would die. But the worst was i had a helper cleaning a pile in the backyard (because the tenants didnt pay for trash) and there were a pile I mean hundreds of uncapped rigs. We just left immediately when she called to ask why the lawn didnt get mowed i told her about the needles and she told me they were from the last tenants, So she knew. So the question is does anyone work for a realtor that doesnt expect the world for nothing? Is it worth ever trying again?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2014
  2. mowisme

mowisme LawnSite Senior Member

Are syringe needles.. rig's? sorry I'm from old school and not sure on this, but if so- I would not return-no way no how. Can you imagine stepping on one or stabbing your hand and it is HIV+ or something. I wouldn't do the 'trash' pick up either- Sounds like Realtors can be a nightmare and glad I don't do any.

3. Golfpro21

Golfpro21 LawnSite Senior Member

some are idiots, some are good, just like the rest of the population....weed them out

4. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

Did a big push in 2005 to work for realestate agents and out of 50 I have worked with will only work for 2 now. They all want it free this time and catch you next time attitude. The two I have are truely concern about me earning money along with them.

5. ScottHypsie

ScottHypsie LawnSite Member

yeah i dont know they all have this attitude that I wouldnt make it without them.

6. xstatikplus

xstatikplus LawnSite Senior Member

All realtor related work I've come across has been the same. Unmaintained property. I just quote my usual price. If they take it I do it, if they try to bargain down price I don't budge. Not in the game to do favours I'm in it to put food on the table. The needles thing would make me walk away and never look back. Other then that treat agents the same as the rest. Give your normal rated quote and move on.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. pseudosun

pseudosun LawnSite Bronze Member

my own realtor who helped me purchase my first home mentioned the word "cheap", and I really didn't comprehend anything after that. I declined.

8. 2 Cycle

2 Cycle LawnSite Senior Member

I am a realtor and I service my listings. I work cheap but fair as it helps to sell the house

9. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Yah, I learned a long time ago to steer clear of realtors. These days, there are a couple I work with. But I don't ever work for them. They just refer us to their clients and then their clients hire us.

I've found the same problems with most commercial properties, property management companies, HOAs, apartment complexes, etc. So we don't work for any of them. We strictly work for residential homeowners. Works well for us. YMMV.

10. allagashpm

allagashpm LawnSite Senior Member

I have worked for a few good ones. Most I have encountered want the most curb appeal without spending anything..oh yeah needs to be done by Thursday I have a showing this weekend. Not worth it. But like others have said weed them out. The ones I do work for still are Great and I have gotten a lot of great customers from them
    Posted via Mobile Device