Work Gloves.....

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by forestfireguy, Aug 18, 2006.

1. forestfireguy

forestfireguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

After running through light work gloves, even the "extra tough" ones and finding the heavy leather gauntlet style too cumbersome for good manual dexterity I'm curious what do you use? Seems like duct tape on the finger tips lasts longer than a pair of gloves, pavers and block are brutal, any thoughts?

2. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Goat skin gloves @ SAMS CLUB...

3. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

The Knit gloves with the blue rubber palm and fingers has out last any expensive pair of glove I have ever got.

4. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

5. forestfireguy

forestfireguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

we supply them to all of our H2 workers, but my problem with the latex dipped is the latex I'm allergic, I tried to get away with the dipped ones but saw my hands glowing red that same afternoon after only a couple hours of use. I really am not much of a fan of gloves but as said earlier cement products are brutal.

6. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Goat skin gloves @ SAMS Club...2 pair package under $20.00...They have test fit gloves...I recommend you at least try a pair on before dismissing them completely...

7. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

I second that, a pair of these gloves will outlast any other 10 to 1 at least and they come in both a summer and a winter style.

8. Adam's Lawn and Garden

Adam's Lawn and Garden LawnSite Senior Member

i got a pair or carhart gloves the other day. I haven't used them but the look like they could withstand a beating. They were 21.95. They fit like golf gloves, and are supposed to keep your hands warm.

adam

9. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

I buy those plastic dot gloves at Gas America for .99 cents a pair. I get 20 pair at a time and just use a new pair every day. If I need to I use 2 pair a day. For 99 cents you can't go wrong. Same gloves are $2.50 at wally world.

I do keep a pair or two of the leather kind around for thorny plant or barbed wire work.

10. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

You guys are joking about wearing gloves...Right?
    Why would you need to wear gloves, unless it's cold or
    your doing greasy/dirty work.

Peace,

Rex

http://ArizonaPavers.Com