Work In North Carolina

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mcmillanlawncare, Feb 8, 2006.

1. mcmillanlawncare

mcmillanlawncare LawnSite Member

I PLAN ON MOVING DOWN TO NORTH CAROLINA FORM NEWYORK AND I WAS WOUDNERING IF THERE WAS ALOT OF WORK AVAILIABLE DOWN THERE NE ONE HAVE A CLUE LEAVE A REPLY . THATS NOT ALOT OF WORK UP HERE CASUE WE ONLY MOW LIKE 5 MONTHS A YEAR AND I RATHER WORK YOUR AROUND AND SCREW THE SNOW lol
    THANKS

2. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

From What I have gathered when I visit my college buddy who lives in Burlington near Raleigh Area the answer is definitely YES!!!

Everytime I go down there I get lost because there are so many new houses and condos going up everywhere. If one cant work down there, one should not be in business.

this is all I have to offer

3. Sunshine Lawn Co

Sunshine Lawn Co LawnSite Member

There is loads of work here in the Charlotte area, I live in union county and were the fastest growing county in North Carolina. Lots of New communities go up. More then enough to go around. Good Luck with the move

4. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

NO everybody is broke, LCO are all starving, I would never move here, no money in lawncare:p

OK it is not that bad. Lots of work here but more in Raleigh:)
    And you already know the langage as every body from NY is moving down.

5. PMLAWN

If you move around the North Charlotte area or Lake Norman PM me and I will help you look for a house. ( or if you want to invest in Real Estate) Lots of opportunity herepayup

6. Sunshine Lawn Co

Sunshine Lawn Co LawnSite Member

Im from NY (Albany), been in NC 14 years now and i love it. I can remeber saying to my wife " there are more ny and nj plates then north carolina plates"

7. Wil22

Wil22 LawnSite Member

I use to live on Long Island, Nassau County. Now I've been in the Carolinas for twenty years. Charolette would be an excellent area to do lawn care. It has many,many,many new sud-divisions going up.

And the winters are mild and short compared to NY. Next couple of day's the weather here will be in the 60's.

I was in LI last week. Glad I got out before the snow piled up in NY.

8. PMLAWN

Wil-- your suppose to say "Stay Away- no work here!":laugh: