1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Work Load?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by BCFLawnLandscape, Jan 3, 2006.

1. BCFLawnLandscape

BCFLawnLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Finished our first full season just recently, ended up the year with 27 accounts. Curious to know how some other LCO's did in their first full year. Did we do good? bad? or so so?
  2. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

It depends on what kind of accounts they are...how much they are worth, etc. I worked part-time this year and got 21 accounts. However, they aren't all as good as I would like. I am working on year two now...we are going full-time and hoping to bring in over 55 accounts total.
  3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

25, good accounts, some small high profit in town, some 1, 2 and a 3.5 acre account, several took snow removal this year, many up sells, shub and bush trimming, bed renovations....all in all a good first year id say. This is also one of the most depressed areas in the country. Many are out of work , or on there way out as i am.....