Work Monday July 3rd or call it a long weekend?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HenryB, Jul 2, 2006.

1. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm pretty backed up and would like to get caught up but I'm not sure about interrupting people's holiday weekend?

2. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Work if your backed up. However, kinda sounds like you want the day off??

Most customers understand schedules...also you could do your commercial accounts if you have any.

3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

We are working monday and tuesday. Tuesday we will take off at 12 as to not disturb anybodys cookouts or anything like that.

4. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I am doing 4 hours on a retaining wall rebuild tomorrow.......then I am coming home to clean up the shop/barn and get the junk ready for my wifes garage sale....

I work 24 hours at the firehouse on the 4th...

Derek

5. new2nash

new2nash LawnSite Member

I can't believe anyone who is an owner/operator and is intent on making a serious living at this could even consider taking a holiday completely off. There's enough downtime in winter already. I'm doing a few residentials very early, then a 4 hour commercial job. Hopefully done by noon.

6. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

Kudos to the owner/operators who are able to run a business that allows for the day off so that employees and their families are able to celebrate the Fourth of July......

D

7. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i have 14 lawns to do tomorrow so i can take the 4th off. i would rather work but it disturbs too many customers who want too sleep late and have cookouts. holidays are a royal pain!

8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Im working tom, moving alot of tuesdays to mon, I have 2 commercials that will be cut tues and I should be home by noon

wayne

9. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I'll sharpen some blades on the 4th if that'll make you feel better :dizzy:

What's wrong with a day off???

10. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Im working on monday so i can get tuesday off. No way could i miss monday and tuesday. If i do come across a cookout ill just skip that house... but i would think most cookouts will be on tuesday anyways.