work pants

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassmasterswilson, Sep 25, 2012.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Looking for a good durable pair of work pants. I'm short and the stock 30" inseam is just too long for me. I've had dickies khaki and the duck jeans and loved them. I've also loved carhartt's but I really need something with a shorter inseam. May just go with the normal dickie khaki work pants since I can get them in a 28 or 29 inseam.

What do you like? Brand? style?

2. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

I wear dickies blue carpenter jeans. The side pocket fits my phone perfect. I also use it for my hand pruner and little hand flip saw.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

4. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

I'm just the opposite, I like pants just as light as I can get them, so buy summer khakis from Walmart for like $9 a pair when the go on clearance in the fall.

As for your dilema, if you can't buy Carharts with a short enough inseam, just find a seamstress to shorten them for you. Pretty simple for anyone that knows how to sew at all. Most dry cleaners have someone that will do alterations.

5. siclmn

siclmn LawnSite Senior Member

Overalls. No more walking around and hiking up your pants 100 times a day.

6. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

7. dahammer

dahammer LawnSite Member

Diamond Gusset makes some with a 29" inseam. As a bonus, they are USA made. They are pricey though.

http://www.gussetclothing.com/mcarp3044.html

I haven't personally tried them, but I intend too.

8. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

That price is insane
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Now we're getting somewhere. The looser the better.

I'm the same way. I prefer loose fit shorts though so my boys can breath. Ahhh, no more monkey butt. :D

10. dahammer

dahammer LawnSite Member

Yep I agree but I guess you gotta pay for the USA label. But if you think that is insane have a look around at your local mall next time you are in there. My wife came home telling me this weekend that she had found a pair a jeans in the mall that she wanted to buy for me but they were $125 and she was afraid I'd be upset so she passed. I told her she was correct, that's just crazy.
    Posted via Mobile Device