Work photos

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.lawnsite.com/buttons/jump.php?i' started by 75, Nov 23, 2001.

1. 75

75 LawnSite Senior Member

I posted these over at Plowsite, but since not everyone's "into" snow, I though I'd put them here too.

This spring I spent 9 weeks at a local gravel pit working with them on overhaul and setup of their plant which had been moved back after a year at another location.

Some of the equipment, such as the jaw crusher, breaks down into several pieces for shipment. Show here are the crusher assembly itself and the feeder. For use at this pit, the top half of the feeder (the wings) aren't needed....................

nelson aggregates 1.jpg

2. 75

........................... So, I had to make and attach 4 lifting lugs to crane it off. "Failure is not an option" on this sort of thing! :eek:

lifting lug.jpg

3. Robert Doubrava

Robert Doubrava LawnSite Senior Member

Yep. That's some good photos! I saw them recently at Plowsite.com.

4. 75

The assembled jaw crusher (about 100 tons total weight I was told) being backed into place under the feed bin. This was built from an old "Euc" rock truck bed, and the trucks dump into it as opposed to feeding the crusher with a loader (an application where the wings ARE required)

I had about 3 days work in total just "patching up" the Euc box, plus another couple of days reworking the railing/stairs around it.

nelson aggregates 3.jpg

5. Robert Doubrava

Man! That must be one heck of a crusher!

6. 75

One of their rock trucks, not a "Euc" (Euclid) but a Terex. Couldn't resist the size comparison. Besides, I DID have work to do on it - a crack in the left side frame that required gouging and about 18" of vertical up (NOT downhand!!! :blob2: )

t-rex.jpg

7. Robert Doubrava

That's a huge dump truck!!:eek:

8. 75

We also supply/install some structural steel. This is the framework for a gazebo, neat thing about this job was it's located on an island (fancy resort up near Huntsville, Ontario) and the only way to access the jobsite is to cross over on a barge.

structural.jpg

9. Robert Doubrava

Goin' for a boat ride, eh?:D

10. 75

Actually, compared to the real b-i-g haul trucks used in the mines that one is "small change"! But I wouldn't want to get in his way with my little welding truck............. :eek:

This time of year though, the pit work is over with and the plows start coming out of the woodwork.................... This was last winter, all that was needed on this one was some heating & straightening on one of the shoe brackets that had been "tweaked".

l8000.jpg