Work request sheet

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ksland, Jan 2, 2005.

1. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

What do you guys all use to record info down while answering a call for work. Do you use the standard phone log 2 part books or do you have something designed for it. If you can send me a copy of what you use it would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to eliminate the scrap pieces of paper with important info that you can never find.

2. I generally have just used a notebook...sometimes you can get them for 33cents at Walmart...standard spiral notebook....I date the top of each sheet....then I write down the messages as they come in...or any other notes for each day....

When done for the day or starting the next day....I usually transfer all unfinished stuff to the next day....remember to date the sheets each day....if you ever need to find something...you can go back and find it based on the date you think it might have happened.....just don't cross out the stuff as you do it too darkly...so you can read it again.

3. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

I used to use the carbon copy phone log book. What I like about it was all you had to do was fill in the blanks. Note books and scrap paper didn't work for me because being in a rush to write things down i would get unorganized.

4. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Carbon phone log book. It is important to log ALL CALLS in case you need to present it in court as "proof" against a customer. A judge will accept a well detailed phone log.

Mike