1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Work Shirts?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Randy Scott, Feb 6, 2001.

1. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Besides NEBS,(I already have their catalogs), where are some good places to get work shirts. You know, just a polo with company logo, or maybe a short-sleeve button up shirt. I can't really seem to find something I like. I think I'm being too particular but I'm fussy sometimes about clothes. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

<a href =http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=9631617&siteid=37615630&bfpage=home> http://www.wearguard.com</a>

Or check locally. If you buy local, you will be able to see the shirts before you purchase them, not just looking at a catalog.

3. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

They have a hanes outlet by my house, I go and buy a bunch and take them somewhere and hve a logo put on. Cheap way to do it and they are comfortable.
  4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I use a local embroidery (SP) shop. Very nice older ladies who do a great job.
  5. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Do you know by chance if they are equipped to do embroidery on carhartt coats and such?? I have been looking for a place that can handle the heavier materials.

Thanks for any assistance.
  6. GREG R

GREG R LawnSite Member

We have are carharts done at a local store ,so I know this can be done. I don't suggest button down shirts for mowing
    we have tried this and and the walkbehind handle alway seems to get caught in the front (where the it buttons up)
    and untucks your shirt, we use pocket t's and polos,in the fall and spring long sleeve t-shirts
    Just a thought
  7. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking I could buy a couple of golf shirts,
    and a pack of permanent magic markers.

As long as I keep moving,
    and at a distance,

when its raining, at night,
    no one would know the difference!!
    I'm on a BUDGET!
  8. lawman

lawman LawnSite Member

Try a local print shop. The have catalogs to look through and then thay can screen print or embroide your logo on the shirt. This is what I had done and it looks great.
  9. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I took an order by today and asked and she said that is a thick matieral and she would need to try it first, not sure.
  10. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Definitely go local. The prices I was was quoted locally were 25-40% lower than NEBS. Plus I can see the product and work with the staff in person.