1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Work shoes

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by redoak77, Apr 22, 2005.

1. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

i plan on trading in the tennis shoes this week for a pair of nice work boots. Just curious to see what all ya wear on your feet?
  2. MowerMoney

MowerMoney LawnSite Senior Member

Duckies when it's wet. Been thinking of something steel toed just in case. Those blades cut real quick.
  3. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

A nice pair of brown red wings. Not sure if steel toe would help on a spinning blade. I would think not. Hope to never find out.
  4. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

5. apluslawn

apluslawn LawnSite Member

ive got a pair of caterpillars and theyre pretty nice they werent too cheap but they are holding up red wings and wolverines are also real good but not cheap you better make that investment and protect those feet you wont regret it in the long run :cool:
  6. lawnranger44

lawnranger44 LawnSite Senior Member

I wear sneakers usually to mow, steel toed boots if its wet or if its landscaping work.
  7. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I traded in my tennis shoes for a pair of waterproof Carhart work boots that I bought at Redwing Shoes for $110. I tried the Redwings and they were nice, but $170 for a pair of boots is a bit much for me. For me, the Carhart boots fit nicer and felt better that the Redwings.
  8. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

i normally wear tennis shoes, i used to wear work boots but they had a thin sole and thats how i ended up fracturing my foot in 4 places and took me out of work for 2 years. I have a pair of custom arch supports now so i can wear anything thin sole or not. tennis shoes or low cut work boots for me, kinda like a work shoe.
  9. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I wear timberland pro's. They are a nice boot. Tennis shoes dont give me the support I need on my ankle; you can feel it after walking for the day.
  10. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

I wore Cat's before I wore the soles down on them, I have an uneven step so they wear funny. I chose not to spend the $200 plus on them this time around and when with a pair that I forget the name lol. They run a composite toe instead of steel. Mostly so u don't get cold feet in the winter.