Work shoes

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by redoak77, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

185 red wing well worth it
  2. Bigfoot

Bigfoot LawnSite Member

The Woverine dura-shocks are good. Real easy on the old feet.
  3. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I wear "Survivers" from Walmart. They are waterproof, and right at $50. Very comfortable....and not so heavy. I would like to wear steel toes...but they are too heavy.

4. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

5. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Steel toes aren't gonna help if you stick your foot under the deck.
    Sneakers for me. The lighter, the better, I put on a lot of miles.
  6. Triple R

Triple R LawnSite Member

I used to wear Wolverines but they didn't last long enough and my feet would hurt once in a while. I now use Danner Workman, they are waterproof. These are the highest quality and most comfortable boots I have ever worn. I can work work 10-12 hour days (walking, no riders) and my feet hold up fine, wish I could say the same about my knee. Only down side is that I only get about 6 months out of a pair which is still more than any other boot I have tried. Price is compareble with Redwing and high end Wolverines at $170 a pair, worth every penny to me.
  7. kwelch

kwelch LawnSite Member

You guys wear shoes?
  8. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Used to wear Caterpillar and Wolverine (same company) then started wearing Red Wings.
  9. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

Steel toe is great. It stands up to hits from the trimmer string, and in the rare occasion of sticking your toes under the mower, they are better than non-steel toes.

I usually wear logger style work boots. Not the easiest on the turf, but thats what i'm most comfortable in.
  10. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

I wear water resistant hiking shoes, they are durable and give you the protection of workboots without the weight. Mine right now are a pair of Nike ACGs