Work Shoes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HLC, Sep 22, 2002.

1. HLC

HLC LawnSite Member

We were talking about work shoes a few days ago and I mentioned that I had a pair of Redwings on order. Well they finally came in. I was able to put them to the test for the first time yesterday. I must say that these are the most comfortable work shoes I have ever worn. Anyone considering a new pair of work shoes should at least try these out. They are relatively new to the Redwing lineup. They're called the "Muscle Shoe" (I think). They're kind of a cross between a sneaker and a hiking boot with a steel toe. They are a little expensive (about $139) but you do get what you pay for. Without much effort, I was able to get the dealer to give me 10% off.
    Two things sold me on this shoe. 1) I've owned Redwing boots in the past and their quality is unmatched. 2) I have a narrow (and flat) foot and have spent numerous hours on the web trying to find steel toes in narrow (B) width and Redwing is the only manufacturer that I have found that offers this.
    After working all day yesterday in the new shoes I was not the least bit fatigued that night. I told my wife that it was the best money I had ever spent on shoes. My wife agreedÂ….she said it was worth it to her because she didn't have to listen to my whining about my feet hurting.

2. We do 4 U

We do 4 U LawnSite Member

I just bought my second pair and I have to agree, they are the best. I don't know the name of the boot but it was expensive but they last. I still have the first pair as a throw down pair when my new ones get wet. I rather wear my boots then any of my other shoes because they feel so good but my wife gets on me about wear them because they look pretty bad after a day of cutting.