1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

work shorts that wear well with lots of pockets

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GarPA, Mar 6, 2002.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Did a search on 'work shorts' and 'clothing'...after 2 screens didn't find much...looking for a cargo type short that is a blend material...100% cotton just doesn't wear well in any weather and its not all that cool either...looked at Carhart...rather pricey and heavy...anyone found a supplier that makes a short you have stayed with?? All the dicount stores and sporting goods store sell basic junk...thanks for your help
  2. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises LawnSite Senior Member

Carhartt has a new product out that is a contractors lightweight cargo short. Total weight is 7.5-oz, and 100% cotton. They are a great design, with plenty of room and many pockets. I have yet to find another line of work clothing that will out-wear a Carhartt product. As always, you get what you pay for...

Try this site; http://www.gemplers.com

SUNSHINE LAWN LawnSite Member

I buy all my work shorts at resale shops like goodwill or thift stores for $1 to $5. I buy all khaki shorts like polo, bugle boy, calvin klien, etc. They are almost brand new and at those prices I don't mind working them to death. Every year I buy 10 to 15 pairs of shorts for about 30 to 40 dollars.
  4. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

we use cintas. go to- www.cintas.com they are local in michigan but i'm not sure about other states.
  5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Cintas here in Kansas also, but never researched them, just seen their trucks.

7. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

8. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i think an old timey mamma type switching,may be coming . especialy to da new help.:) later

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

we wear carharts
  10. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

nice short that is cheap

I wear the pant and the short below. Very, very comfortable. reasonably priced and as i said very very comforatable

Not a lot of pockets but these are the coolest pants I have ever worn. When it is hot.....these are it.