Work To Be Done from Hurricane Juan in Nova Scotia Canada

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RidgeCon, Oct 2, 2003.

1. RidgeCon

RidgeCon LawnSite Member

This past Sunday's hurricane has given some of us lots of work for the fall season. We are not happy it happened but somebody has to do clean up and there is lots of it to do. We have travelled there from a neighbouring province ( 5 hours away) and have a 10 person crew staying here for at least a month or two. I have attached some pics

pic 1.jpg

2. RidgeCon

RidgeCon LawnSite Member

next pic

pic 2.jpg

3. RidgeCon

RidgeCon LawnSite Member

another

pic 6.jpg

4. RidgeCon

RidgeCon LawnSite Member

another pic

pic 7.jpg

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

hope that everything comes out alright

what type of work are you going to be doing exactly?

6. RidgeCon

RidgeCon LawnSite Member

right now the guys are doing mostly tree and limb removal from lawns, roads etc and working with the utility companies to grind up and clean away branches and the like as a lot of areas are still without power. We will then begin working on individual yards as needed by homeowners. (lanw repairs, tree cleanups, landscape repairs etc.)

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have a question to ask: who pays you for services like this, the city, or homeowner or both?

8. pottstim

pottstim LawnSite Senior Member

I hope that everyone in Halifax and the rest of the affected areas in NS get back on their feet very soon. My folks lived up in Hammonds Plains outside of Halifax for a year and a half. I had the opportunity to visit twice in 1997, and I loved it. The area is beautiful and the people are wonderful. I really hated to see the area go through this.

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Damn, I must be really sleepin' at the switch these days (senior moment maybe?). Last cane I heard about and dealt with was Isabell. Sorry to hear about your misfortune...