Work Tracking Sheet

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mcwlandscaping, Aug 27, 2005.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

All right, im looking at a better and easier way to keep track of my work, (Date work done on, price, type of work, etc.) what is the best way to do this. Right now i use an excel spreadsheet and that is getting to be a pain. COuld someone recomend something that i can get at like staples or a store like that. Thanks.

2. ajlandscaping

ajlandscaping LawnSite Member

if your looking for somehting like an invoice which you can put everything you did what was done and price you can find invoice sheets in a google search

if you just need something to record it for the end of month or whenever you bill any small notebook would work

hope that helps

3. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

Pen & Paper.

4. Electra_Glide

Electra_Glide LawnSite Member

I used Excel to make a template. Pretty simple: date, job name, start time, stop time, and description.

I keep blank copies of it in the truck, and then fill it out manually at the end of the day. Once I fill up a page, I take it out of the truck and put it in the files at home.

Biggest problem is being "lazy" and not doing it at the end of every day. Then things stack up for a few days, and you can't remember what you did when... :dizzy:

I'm solo and this works well for me, but such a system has limitations if you're running multiple crews.

Joe Kantz

5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Quikbooks Pro...............

6. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here,have it on all the laptops .

7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi mcwlandscaping,

Feel free to download and try out our software. Maybe it will help you.

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Free Invoice Background Template Graphics.</center>

8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks for the post, however, it would not let me download the trial software.