work truck hit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JohnyNCa, Dec 4, 2002.

1. JohnyNCa

JohnyNCa LawnSite Member

Last nite about 830 pm i heard a big boom! Guess what? Y truck has just been hit! I go and look outside and sure enough a chevy blazer is right on my truck schrunched up damaged, broken glass, etc. Damage to my 88' dodge dually stakebed was a missing left rear light and wheel axel damage, strutts but could of been worse. The impact was so great that it lifted the back of the truck onto the sidewalk. Woman driver was ok, but claimed to swerve to avoid a cat in the roadway?! WOW...anyway the cops came took reports and gave me insurance info. So i call to see if i can get some sort of vehicle in the meantime that everything is sorted out. I find out that the lady cancelled her insurance back in June! So now i have to use my insurance and my insurance coverage doesnt cover rentals...so got to use another truck in the meantime that the adjuster comes by...sorry to vent guys, just frustrated. Anyone else deal with this type of drama? Later

2. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

can't you go after her ???

3. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Take her to court she is obvesly a $*** hole.:angry:

4. jason r.

jason r. LawnSite Senior Member

people like that are the reason why everyone else is paying such high prices for ins.

5. Whats the insurance laws there she gona get fined?

6. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey that was your girlfriends cat right!!!!!
    Now the cat has an emotional disorder and needs compensation for that and now that your girl friends cat has an emotional disorder your girlfriend has had a nervous breakdown and needs compensation and it is putting a great deal of stress on your relationship and you also need compensation for that. Also your dog witnessed this hole ordeal and now stutters when he barks so you need compensation for that!
    Jonny Cocren where are you>

LOLOLOLOL

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Geez!!! You took the words right out of my mouth I swear!!!

JohnnyNCa,

Be sure you report your findings to the police. They should pursue her legally. You will probably have to do it too if you look to recover anything. Make time to be there and discuss the issues with the adjuster. Your agent can probably offer some good advise too.

Good luck with this lousy situation.

8. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I had this happen to me before and My insurance company payed the bill and made the other person make monthly payments to them.

Soupy

9. Swampbeast

Swampbeast LawnSite Senior Member

SUE HER! If she can afford a new Chevy trailblazer she can afford the insurance! Dumb girl.

:cool:

10. ranger520

ranger520 LawnSite Member

In Minnesota I believe you can get up to 90 days in jail for not having car insurance. And they do go after it.

scott