work week?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lsylvain, Mar 18, 2001.

1. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering how many days a week do you guys mow?

I mow monday - saturday

I work for a company in college that mowed 3 14 hour days and part of the 4th to get things done. It seemed to work good for them especially when it rained.

2. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

My average work week is about 30 hrs,give or take.I only work on a weekend day if I absolutly have to. Hey, life is too short and it's always too nice outside here to spend you life working yourself to death. We like to ride our motorcycles and go to the beach or fish on the pier or just be outside doing something. Money is a nessacery evil but it should not rule you. My wife and I are enjoying what Fla has to offer. We moved down here to get away from all the "big city" stress.

3. Redmowers

Redmowers LawnSite Member

Monday - Friday occasionaly Saturday for rain dates to catch up.NEVER on Sunday,one day has to still be a rest day

4. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

5.5, started last summer quitting at lunch on Saturday. Either that or divorce..................what's a 1/2 day anyway.

5. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Banned

Keep Sunday for yourself, physically and mentally. I also avoid saturday mowing because people are home, come out to talk, slow you down, kids everywhere.

6. AVRECON

AVRECON LawnSite Senior Member

I try to work mon- thur. That way Fri. is a make up day rain, equipment failure, etc. But every week it varies.

7. DanG

DanG LawnSite Member

I'm Divorced & recently remarried,

I have joint custody of my son(every other weekend). The weekend I have him I don't work at all.

I work Monday through Saturday the rest of the time some times from 7-8am through dark if needed to get everything done so I can have part of the weekend off if possible.

The only day I try really hard not to work on is Sunday but with rain sometimes I have to.

Dan

D.G. Enterprises

8. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Like Homer, I work M-F--8-6if not all the work gets done i will work saturday until 1. Otherwise i just do maintenence on Saturday-sharpen blades, buy parts etc.

9. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

like you guys i try and set time for myself, but i still work everyday of the week but not as long, gunna try this year not to work on sundays and only until 1 or 2 on saturday. no wife or girlfriend right now so i don't have that extra worry like you guys.

10. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Summer => M-F 7-4 ..... Sat is rain make up ....... NO Sunday
    Winter => M-F 9-2