1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

work work work

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Husky, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Husky

Husky LawnSite Member

How do you manage your mowing?

When I mow,,lets say I have three days wed thurs, fri, i usually mow, sun up to sun down,,alone...solo...

Now,,as I take on more customers,,what do I do with my week,,,so I hire a crew,,,do i put them in these yards rain or shine,,,,,and let the rain only slow em down?

What do you do with these rains problems?

if the crew mows 3 days a week,,and i add another full day of service mowing,,now thats 4 days....so what do i do if it rains mon, tues, and weds? just kep them out there>>\?
  2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

It's called more hours under the sun to catch up.
  3. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Rule of thumb: Never take on more than three days worth of cutting. If you can't cut all your accounts in three sunny days you are spreading yourself out too thin. I'm not saying you have to cut everything in three days all the time, but if it rained the first two days of the week per say, you should be able to finish up all your yards w/o using a Saturday, Just my opinion, take it what it's worth.:D
  4. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats when my collage guys come back to work for me. Rite now Im doing it all solo. 12 hours a day 6 & 7 days a week. Just weighed myself as I noticed my belt is loose and I went from 230 to 207lbs. Thank god I stay in shape, most 43 year olds would have dropped dead by now. Good thing I love this work