work ++++!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by steelcity, Apr 13, 2002.

1. steelcity

steelcity LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

i do not about you guys but my phone has been ringing like crazy.
    i did some advertising in a local paper ($300.00) total for 5 weeks in a paper that comes out once a week. i got numerous calls and have signed about 80% of the people (no I am not lowballing). I also received about 15 new customers from a buddy that is getting out of cutting grass and into landscape construction. we also give eachother jobs or help eachother to get the jobs done. Anyway it is nice to finally get things going after a pretty slow winter. All the machines have been tuned up in the last 2 weeks and spring cleanups began this week also.

have a great season!!!!!

2. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

Good to hear, Steelcity! We're slowly moving in the right direction this year, but expect things to pick up when our new inserts and ads hit the market at the end of the month.

Great to know folks are buying! :blob4:

3. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

Way to go Steel, it's fun when you have a lot of work to do, isn't it?

Hank

4. Commander

Commander Banned

I am having the same problem you are having steel. I haven't advertised at all this year and within the past week I have sold a few jobs. 1 clean-up which is over $1000, now the guy wants a tree planted. 1 totally new lawn, 1 overseeding project which covers almost an acre + some other stuff. Another part of a landscape removal, and some other stuff.