Worker Attacked.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JB1, Apr 4, 2003.

1. Got a call today from one of the workers, that said one of the guys was attacked, Seems the guy was mowing around the edge of a pond and he was blindsided, never saw it coming. A big goose jumped up on the mower and proceeded to flog him. I damm near dropped the phone from laughing so hard.

2. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

That is funny, I have a customer with a dog who loves to play, and if you don't play with him he'll come up from behind and nip your A-- !! :rolleyes:

Lou :cool:

3. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess he never played Duck, Duck, Goose as a kid.

4. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, that seems odd that a bird would attack something making that much noise. 130 dcb at least ??

Sounds like a mother trying to protect a nest or her youngns'

5. Buddy Markley

Buddy Markley LawnSite Member

Those darn geese are fearless. One of our clients, a 33 unit condo complex has a nice 1/2 acre lake on it and this past week they contracted a live trapper to come in and get rid of that problem.

6. leatherneck1

leatherneck1 LawnSite Member

I agree with Buddy. I grew up on a farm I was taught from an early age "never turn your back on a bull or a goose". Vicious they are. Just glad they didn't have teeth :D

7. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

In Rochester NY a couple years ago some grounds crew at a golf course were attacked by a goose repeatedly. They took matters into thier own hands, and were arrested for cruelty to animals.
    (they wacked it with a sand trap rake)
    be careful out there boys

8. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

Isn't it true that some people use geese for home security? I think I was told about this because the geese don't give up and keep attacking whoever shouldn't be there.

9. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

We have a very large residential contract that used to be an old plantation. They have two really cool English Mastiffs about 180lbs each. My partner left the door open on the truck one time and we came back to it about 30 minutes later to find both dogs inside the truck drooling like never before. There's nothing like dog snot and slobber on an Arkansas August day.

10. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I have no idea what that had to do with a goose but, there you go.