Worker problem

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by RICHIE K, Jul 20, 2007.

1. RICHIE K

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering if anyone has this problem too. Have 2 guateala workers both good in different ways but when they work together they suck when by them self there good. And to be honest im getting tired of picking them up and dropping them off everyday. I spend approx. 40min a day picking up and droping off not to mention gas my wife is getting pissed at me because it interfers with some things we need to do. Sorry just venting...........

2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

make them meet you @ the shop or the closest QT.

3. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Or hire people who have drivers licenses

4. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

If you are spending 40 minutes driving and dropping off and that equates to say $20 in gas, why not offer them an additional $1 per hour to find their own way. On a 8 hour day, thats still only $16 for both guys..........you would still be ahead of the game.

5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

this has always been an issue, and as long as you have employees you will have employee issues,,,

as a manager of a warehouse "at one point in my life" we loded trailers, it was just fine untill things got slow and we had to double up,

one guy would stand there with a box in his hand while listining to the other guy tell a story....split them up and everything is fine

6. Greenery

Greenery LawnSite Senior Member

wow i am just amazed at how much i read about some of you guys hiring these third world immigrants who are probably illegal. We only have 1 mexican and he was born and raised in the us he doesnt even speak spanish and the other 15 guys are all honest hard working WHITE guys very few problems with them . are you guys just that cheap or greedy to hire someone who doesnt even speak english or have a drivers license I mean come the f#*k on. in my opinion you guys should all be put out of business all you do is attract more of them here

7. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

This is not the reply you want, if you are the sensitive type stop reading now. why do you employee these guys?, oh thats right cheap money, instead of driving to pick them up you should be on the phone with ICE. I employee Americans every one has documentation and every one has a license and their own transportation, oh and they speak English. I am sick of this kind of crap in this country. do these guys have docs? I will put money on the fact they don't. Oh and yes I do realize I will be torn apart by 1/2 of you guys but thats OK. I know I am not part of the problem.

8. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

You probibly pay them cash right? by the way,,, Their not telling stories they are plotting.........

9. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

Wouldn't he be an american if he was born and raised in the U.S?

10. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

If you have that many white boy's and don't have problems count yourself very lucky because that is not the norm.