1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Worker's Comp Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GrassRoots Lawn Care, Jul 18, 2000.

1. GrassRoots Lawn Care

GrassRoots Lawn Care Guest

I have been told by different business owners that you only have to provide worker's comp if you employ two or more employees. Is there any truth to this? Does it vary from state to state? I'm in Florida by the way.<p>----------<br>Mike Reynolds,<br>GrassRoots Lawn Care, Florida

GREENSCAPE LawnSite Member

I have heard the same thing. If you need to show proof of worker comp. you can get an<br>exemption from having it and this will satisfy most commer. and builder clients.<br>I am also in Fl.
  3. bill phagan

bill phagan Guest

Mike, in Florida, the employee requirement is 4. You, the owner can be exempt and you can get an exemption certification via the state insurance commissioner in Tall.....as you know, ANYONE in your employ, whether you have WC or not must have any and all medical bills taken care of my the company....that means YOU. May want to call this fella in Brooksville, tell him I referred you....Gene Bell, 1-800-835-1347....he's an insurance guy who specializes in lawn maint, pc, etc. He may be able to provide you with a WC policy at a minimum rate if you don't have 4 emps.<p>Bill Phagan<br>bphagan@tampabay.rr.com