Workhorse Load Lifter....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, Jul 25, 2002.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Anyone seen these? I use a compact truck (Dodge Dakota), and this is the only maker of a dump insert that will fit compact trucks that I know of. Thought it was neat.

http://www.workhorse.org/

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

They are a cool product if you just have a pick up, but id be careful with that workhorse due to it being plastic. i cant see that lasting as long as the other products on the market. I wonder how it only installs in just ten minutes too?

3. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Have you looked at the loadhandler? I know it is not as nice as a dump insert, but it has some advantages. It is cheap, usually less then 100 bucks. Works well except on leaves and sticks. It also does not decrease bed volume. With an insert, it takes away valuable space, and with a compact you have very little to begin with. The inserts also add more weight, then a loadhandler as well. Sounds like you are moving decent amounts of material, or are doing multch jobs with some frequency, else you would not be looking at inserts. Have you thought of a full size truck, or maybe a put the money toward a used dump? Just my thoughts, I would not put to much money into a vehicle that is not designed as a work truck to make it one. I pretty much ruined a half ton chevy treating it like a work truck. FWIW

Jay

4. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with Shady Brook.........look into the loadhandler. I have three of them, they make getting grass out of the truck a snap......in the spring I had 1500 pounds of grass in my truck and it pulled it all out!!!

5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

For some reason, I'm not able to fill out the price quote form on their site.

Anyone know what the prices are for these? Anyone ever used or seen one?

Just curious. Thanks.