Workin on Mothers day? gotta keep up with the weather.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by olderthandirt, May 14, 2006.

1. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Been raining for 5 days, so anyone gonna do any work today or you spending al your time makin momma happy?
    If I'm bringing $$$$$ momma happy so I think I can get some mulch installs in on some commercials this afternoon

2. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

Mac,
    If the rain stops for a few hours I'll be out trying to catch up on mowing, My lawns are growing so fast I can't keep up. When we do get a dry period I will need those days for weed apps.
    We needed this rain, Just came at a really bad time, wish it would have been here 3 weeks ago.

3. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

if the nursery was open today we where going to work on a medium size installation but im relaxing instead

4. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I think that I will do some work around the shop for a bit today, but I am not going out and doing any work. Glad to hear that someone some where is getting rain.

5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Funny thing someone just called for a 1 time cut today. She offered to pay extra but i dont work weekends for anyone.

6. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Well today is our 12 yr anniversary and Mothers Day!! So I know the only work I will be doing is the dirty dishes that I created cooking her breakfast.

7. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

It has been raining here off and on for the last 5-6 days also. I was 2 days behind on Thursday with mowing and got a break Friday and Saturday and was able to get them all done before it started to rain again. I was going to work today on Sunday if I didn't get caught up. It started to rain on me a few times but I just stuck it out and finished up. I hope that the rain will stay to a minimum for the next few days, I have a mulch job to do starting on Monday, 8 yards of black hardwood. I am going to try out one of the EZ-Trench Bed Edgers on this job 14 tree rings and 10 beds. I hope it works good for me I found a place in town that rents them for $68.00 @ day.

8. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Not working today Still raining here.. rain again monday i havnt cut since tuesday lawns are gonna be a mess this week.

9. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

Hey CutInEdge,
    You are just up the road from my dad. He owns Taylor Tire in Deland and he lives in Holly Hill. Do you ever eat at Emmy's Restaurant in Deland? The best prime rib in the world.:waving:

10. zero_turn_mowers

zero_turn_mowers LawnSite Senior Member

We sure need to be working but I guess we will stay in today, I might work around the shop later.

Tim