Working 7 days

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by South Florida Lawns, Jul 15, 2014.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Who works Monday-Sunday (mowing & maint)?
    My bro does that and I think he's a bit crazy. I'll do that a few times a year when we're swamped with side jobs and such.
  2. TwoGuyswithMowers

TwoGuyswithMowers LawnSite Member

I don't mow seven days a week, but between my full-time job and my part-time mowing I work seven days.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I'm talking full time mowing and or landscaping here out on a mower/ tractor, in the sun. Only wanna hear from the florida boys too
  4. TwoGuyswithMowers

TwoGuyswithMowers LawnSite Member

Sorry I didn't realize which forum this was. I was looking at new posts.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Six days a week for me. Nearly all of my customers know and understand that. Anyone else can and will wait until Monday.
    easy-lift guy
  6. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Six days a week scheduled, looking at the radar this morning might be seven this week.
  7. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

We got to remember life is not all about work. Get your bills paid so u can feel good about turning down work. I work six days now but next year I want to down size to working four days. I enjoyed it more when working 4-5 days. Working six days never give you much rest and it's can be too much at times. Let's live to work and not work to live. Enjoy your time with friends, family and pets. They miss you when you work to much.
  8. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

Monday - Saturday for me. Will work on Sunday if rain earlier in the week was enough to cause significant delay.
  9. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

+1 ^^^

Could not agree more. Isn't one of the major benefits of running your own show ...being in control of your own working hours and schedule.

I can see working extra days short term but as a regular perpetual habit...? Your merely living to work.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I sure as heck don't schedule it, but I find myself working at least part of the day on Sundays more than I'd like to.