Working 7 days

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by South Florida Lawns, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Seems to happen to us to a couple times a month during season!! Loosing half day here half day there adds up throughout the week.

I definitely don't schedule it. Try and keep enough clients to stay busy for the whole week, if I tried and schedule Saturday and Sunday when would we catch up the rain outs?

Sundays has become a maintenance day for tucks and equipment, as much as I try and keep up on it throughout the week something always needs done on Sunday!

2. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Alabama

Season only last so long guys work while you got it :)

unless you're in FL, TX or Cali lol

3. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

A lot of my guys that worked for big companies did Monday-Thursday 40hrs a week Fridays are for catching up.

4. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Smart way to operate as you get bigger, more efficient and it forces you to control your OT.

5. MR-G

MR-G LawnSite Senior Member

In 25yrs. never ran my crews on sunday...not ever.:usflag:

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

For Years I worked 7 days a week and it didn't get me any thing extra except head aches. Now I only work part time but I do several Commercial accounts on Sunday when no one is around. Yes on my days off I get occasional calls and do the work that day.

7. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

I have my guys working 10 hours plus......this year we have been working 4 12 or 13 hour days because we are to another expansion point. Trying to make the next 10 or 12 weeks without hiring another person if I can and then hire the next guy in early spring.

8. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

That's great to hear Mike!! How many guys you got now? You running 2 crews?

9. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

Poet how are you getting your guys to do quality work day in and day out? I see a lot of these crews when the owner is not out in the field lose alot of work. Yes they lose alot and gain work. It's a continuous cycle. My busines has a very high retention rate due to our high quality. But I oversee every yard. We only lose work when a house sells ect.
    Posted via Mobile Device