Working Boots

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by scout007, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

2. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

for me those are too cumbersome and difficult to get on and off 29 times a day.
    I got in and out of clients homes repeatedly, sometimes for meetings, sometimes 'just to visit', sometimes to go into their crawl space to turn on/shut off the irrigation main.
    I also take boots off in and out of the office several times daily.
    The whole logger boot lace up thing wasted 20% of my day.
    But the 'old man' slip ons come off in the much when Im asking on a job site that's muddy.
    I need a light but sturdy waterproof shoe that doesn't hold 3 pounds of mud in an overly aggressive nearly useless super lug on the sole, and I need it to be quick release, like ski bindings.

The all leather clunker, like those are ok, if you leave your boots on all day long.

In colorado, I used to wear Tony Lama Xtreme (TLX) but here, with the heavier socks Im almost always wearing, the slip on wellington type boot always takes the sock with it….annoying… Plus they look stupid with shorts… unless you're a hot chick.

3. Middle Tennessee Lawn

Middle Tennessee Lawn LawnSite Member

First rule do not buy steel toes boots in the lawn care business!
    I love red wing got fitted at red wing store and ordered last pair from amazon boot was 179. Plus tax total 198. At store
    Amazon was 74.88 delivered that 123. Savings
    They are currently 99. At amazon but wait for next 25. Off 100 purchase sale
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. scout007

scout007 LawnSite Member

I just purchase the vasque breeze and they are light weight and very comfortable. A lot of my jobs consist of mostly walking behind the wlkr and so no need for steel toe. I give a reply on how long they last in the future. Oh yea, I had to buy them a half size up. I read others stating the same thing about the maker of the boot. It is true, buy bigger than norm. Thanks LCOs for all the replies. Great :usflag:

5. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

I got my asolo's yesterday. $294. I told the sales guy I was wearing red wings and he said (that's cute). They had a boot with a metal shank running through the sole so it never flexes like for working on ladders.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. DLCS18

DLCS18 LawnSite Member

I have had great success with Carolina c2828