1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Working for large company

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by enviouslawns, Mar 12, 2008.

1. enviouslawns

enviouslawns LawnSite Member

Im was wondering if anyone knows what the larger fert companys pay there Lawn Technicians. Scott's or chemlawn
  2. pinto n mwr

pinto n mwr LawnSite Senior Member
    from gr8, mn

would vary by region of course, but "going" rate for just a technician here is $14-$15/hr, maybe production incentives also
  3. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I have been hearing $8-$12 at MegaLawn. Less than I made 15 yrs ago there!

My buddy called me today and was telling me that he came out into their warehouse on a recent AM to leave and there were TWO...not one...but TWO trucks overflowing. LOL
  4. enviouslawns

Ya iwent today and they start u at 21.00 per hour full benifits bonuses and $3 raise after so long
  5. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

Don't you mean $12??? If it's $21, I have a business for sale, lol.
  6. enviouslawns

no lol you might as well deliver pizza for 12 an hour. before tax it came out to 20 and change
  7. tlg

tlg LawnSite Senior Member

21 bucks an hour??? 3 dollar raise after....??? Your joking right. We are talking about Scott's ??? We hired a tech from Scott's once. Between the Chinese overtime and the quotas he was lucky to gross 400 a week. Don't know of any company paying a tech that much. Especially the big companies. Are you sure??
  8. enviouslawns

no its not scotts. i dont think there a national company