1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Working less hours now -- 30 at most

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, Aug 5, 2007.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

My guys & gals are now putting in only about 30 hours a week now, because of the heat & humidity ---- it's oppresive right now, so we're backing off. We may also begin working Monday thru Thursdays soon -- giving them a 3-day weekend until the temps cool down. Anybody else in the same boat?:usflag:
  2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I try to get out early and be home by noon!
  3. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

what he said. beat the heat and dun worry 'bout it:walking:
  4. johnsonslawnmanagement

johnsonslawnmanagement LawnSite Senior Member

5. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

That's why I work my tail off in the Spring. I know everything's going dormant in July. It may be really hot, but that just means I need to take a long weekend & go to the lake!
  6. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I hear ya!

After my second app I am done until my late summer/fall app.

All I have been doing is treating a few trees and shrubs, killing moles and doing a ton of quoting.

I am glad I am not forced to work in this freak'n heat. Going to feel like over 100 deg tomorrow.

Stayn in the house!
  7. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Early in the day only. Home by two.
  8. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

man you guys need to pull up your big girl panties its hot lol work outside in south florida when you walk out the door at 7 am ands its already 85 outside....you guys want to see hot come down here and we wioll show you hot
  9. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

OH is hot enough for me!

Over 100 today with serious humidity!

You guys are probably a little more used to it....remember in about 4 months we will probably be below freezing!

Come up here and work then and we will see who wears the panties!
  10. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

nah you can keep that winter..we are on the golf course in jan and feb you guys are ass deep in snow...i have family that live in mich. close to OH ..i was up there 2 yrs ago or so in OH for some rib cook off..all i heard was how hot it was nothing to bad for me had to leave b/c i had the pleasure of comming home for hurricane charlie..you want fun live down here after that no power means no a/c no fans no cold anything it was fun ....