Working on hills?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by BIGBEN2004, Dec 6, 2008.

1. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

It takes alot to flip those tractors over, they have a good low COG believe it or not, but that's still insane, I wouldn't want to do it unless I had duals on all 4 corners.

3. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know what they are growing on those hills but that is a little nuts.

That tractor operator must have some serious chapped azz and a sore back.

That mower thing does hold the machine down if it wasn't for that the tractor would be on its side.

I have had backhoes on side slopes and I didn't like it one bit and they have a lower centre of gravity than a farm tractor.

4. bobcat_ron

That kind of side sloping has to be hell on the side walls.

5. Gravel Rat

It has to be tough on the tires being constantly rolled sideways and rolled forwards.

6. DBFlawn

DBFlawn LawnSite Member

Is it just me or did it feel like the camera was just turned sort of on it's side?

7. bobcat_ron

I thought so too, but you can see the tractor's front tires are pointing up hill to keep going straight.

8. Gravel Rat

The camera is tilted but the tractor is working on a slope you can see in one part of the video where the fron the tractor is sliding sideways.

Anyway you slice it the tractor is maxed out for gradeability I don't think the manufacture thought it would be working on a side slope :laugh:

Imagine if a tire let go ie blow or popped a bead :dizzy:

9. howierd3866

howierd3866 LawnSite Senior Member

come on boys thats not much of a hill..come on down south will show you we mow with dual and with a 30 ft deep canal at the bottom.....the guy in the video is working hay...and it doesn't take much sometime to roll one just like a backhoe if you good on it you can be safe......