Working on Logo/Name, Like/Dislike

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by nwknight, Mar 8, 2004.

1. nwknight

nwknight LawnSite Member

Check out my logo and logo, please let me know if it has potential.

logo.jpg

2. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

The graphic looks "echa-sketchi."

3. levellawncare

levellawncare LawnSite Member

You may want to try getting a professional to do it for you. You can give them what you have and they will work with it. I'm getting one done myself as we speak. I'm using designoutpost.com You may want to check into it. It's worth the money.

4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi NWknight,

You can visit our artists gallery. Maybe one of the many designs will inspire you.

5. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I think the "concept" looks good, but getting it done professionally from here would be a great idea.
    Also, one comment I had, was you use "TerrE" in the picture, but "Terr-A" in the saying? Maybe try to stay consistant with this.
    Goper's team has come up with some really good logos on here, maybe you can give them a try.

6. nwknight

nwknight LawnSite Member

Hey guys, thank you for the input, went by (thanks Gopher)Team Gopher and here is my next revision, what do you think?

the name i was trying to link terra and escape and scape

Terr-E-Scape
    Terr-A-Scape

which do you like?

I am an sketch artist of twenty years, I should be able to come up with something good:eek:

logo2.jpg

7. nwknight

nwknight LawnSite Member

the fuzziness is from using ms paint, gonna redo it on coraldraw, tonight, bmp looks good but too big, jpg fuzzy, gif no stripes:confused:

8. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

The overall impression I get is that your mower is not very nice to you lawn. This may be subliminal, but people want to feel like their lawn's are being babied by us, and you mower looks like it will tear right through it! And terror as a theme just kind of adds to that feeling I get.
    I may be stretching this a bit, but people, let me know if you get that impression too?
    I also think, whatever your design, your name needs to be A LOT BIGGER, so people will read it and recognice it.
    I like the drawing per say, but maybe you can come up with a "nice" mower.
    Hope my comments are helping, and hopefully others will help you out too!

9. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I agree it might make some customers nervous. Would you get you oil changed by a company that had cracked pistons and broken connecting rods as their logo? (For those who don't understand, this signafies a blown engine!)

10. nwknight

nwknight LawnSite Member

Guess you all are right, trying to make a more friendly looking mower,

btw, I think i am going to go with Terra*Scape

Trying for terra firma/ground but was worried about being to close to Terrascape landscaping software name.

Thanks for ideas, keep em coming.