working on shorts

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by green boy1, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

i have had to dig gravel out from under my skin before with a knife point and i would still rather have to do that again than wear long pants.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Another thing I forgot to mention with the chapps, is that when wearing shorts, they completely cover the top and front of the boot, so you get no grass down in your boots. No more green socks, musty boots, or grass all over the carpet and clothes chute.

3. green boy1

green boy1 LawnSite Member

Well guys I tried today and man ho man i love my shin covers. Was a very active day whit a lot of small rocks and they was bouncing against this things.

I know that we are suppose to be man:weightlifter: and suck it up, but, and is just my thinking, if I don't need to have pain in my shins, why have it then?:laugh:

But I appreciate ur comments a lot.

Have a great weekend guys:drinkup:

4. kmann

kmann LawnSite Senior Member

Learn how to control your trimmer. you'll still get hit sometimes but you learn to take it. But if like others have said, your'e whacking some serious brush, wear long pants.

5. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry ut I don't think the rock should be your image if you can't take rocks.

6. laxative

laxative LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Quit wearing shorts when yellowjackets went up 'em couple years ago. Now it seems insane that I ever went without long pants.

7. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

i can't believe that this is an actual question. Even further, i can't believe someone would were shin protectors weedeating...to each his own i guess

8. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

TO FREAKING FUNNY!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

In the spring and sometimes in the summer, I wear long pants. Some days though, I work in shorts. Yes, getting hit with rocks and crap sucks but it comes with the job.

10. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

How are these things when walking or getting off the mower? Would you have to pull them back up or readjust them? How hot are they and do they hold up to washing? I just hate carring the grass and dirt into the truck or house. Do they brush off easily or does some of the grass still stick to them?