working on shorts

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by green boy1, Aug 24, 2006.

1. green boy1

green boy1 LawnSite Member

I went to ur web-site and look very nice.

Good luck on ur business(for the photos looks like u have some):laugh:
  2. yankeesdood16

yankeesdood16 LawnSite Member

I just wear shorts, when I'm trimming where there are stones or debris I just throttle the string trimmer slightly or not at all depending on how much debris and stuff there is.
  3. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I didnt read through this entire thread, but what does "work ON shorts" mean?

I dont work ON my shorts, I work IN my shorts.. I also wear long grey socks that cover my shins(most of the time). They may not stop theh rock from hurting, but they do stop the rock from cutting me.

I also do this where I have rock beds or edging the beds. It also helps keeping the chance of flinging a rock somewhere.
  4. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

so there are some scrapes and cuts on my legs... get to work......:)
  5. green boy1

Ok sorry I meant: working "in" shorts.

And yea, I was using long socks but some times, when im working in areas were are some good size rocks, some times they hit hard,and decide to try something different.
  6. ChadsLawn

Wear whatever you feel more comfortable in. Myself and Im sure alot of members on here arre quite use to getting hit in the shins. That leads to tougher skin. I havent been hit in the shin hard in along time. But alot of it you just say a few choice words and move on.

Wow just remembered.When my parents had the LCO, my brother and I worked for them. My dad(step dad to us) Use to call my brother a sissy boy(they didnt get along) because he use to wear shin guards when trimming and no one else did.. He (LOL) had pretty boy legs.. Long story why I laugh about my own brother. No hes not gay, just alot has happened with him.
  7. sweatyclippingcoveredguy

sweatyclippingcoveredguy LawnSite Member

I've always thought about inventing shorts with some sort of breathable netting material extending from the knee area. Then I can take this job and shove it because I'd be rich from selling it to you guys LOL.
  8. green boy1

Thats funny:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  9. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

my brother is gay and he runs the weedeater without shin what is your point?
  10. ChadsLawn

Not really a point bud.. But it does seem your gay brother is more manly than my straight brother..:laugh: :laugh: