1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

working on the deck of JD 717A

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by MILSINC, May 15, 2007.

1. MILSINC

MILSINC LawnSite Member

Here's (I know, a dumb one), but an honest question anyhow..
    How do I easily get under the deck of my 717? change blades, clean the deck, etc. All I have ever owned in the past is gravely wb's, and I'm new to the z world. I'm sure it's something simple, but I still just don't know.

Side note, one of the front tires has a puncture in it.. any good way to patch it? just a regular tire patch?
    thanks again.

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

You will get all kinds of answers on how to get under it.

I use an "A" frame I built many moons ago and with a com-along can stand one on it's back-side if I want. I also use car ramps sometimes.

Plug the tire....

3. MILSINC

MILSINC LawnSite Member

appreciate it! car ramps sound like a good way to go.

4. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

5. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

My 7 IRON's sit up high enough off the ground I just lay on the ground and reach under them.

6. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I also drove mine up on car ramps with no problem. In the field I would drive the mower up on the tail gate of the trailor with 1/2 the deck hanging off ( did not really like doing this but works in a pinch if you need to change blades or get something unwrapped from the blades),and you can easily get under the deck.