1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Working one day, off the next...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jason Rose, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Crazy weather! Wednesday it wasn't nice at all, Thursday (yesterday) it was beautiful! I was able to get out and get a bunch of ornamental grasses cut down and hauled off. Virtually zero wind all day, and just cool enough that I could keep the sweatshirt and gloves on while working with the crap.

Then today it's 19 degrees and blowing from the north, supposed to have winds pushing 40 mph. by mid afternoon. No, I'm not even going to bother going otuside to work. I'm not that nuts!
  2. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

yep, it was 68 degrees and sunny here yesterday and now it's snowing....we don't get snow here!!!! and it's supposed to be in the 70's next week. what's up with this weather:usflag:
  3. markahurley

markahurley LawnSite Senior Member

two days on, one day off--such is life in SC too. i feel your pain.
  4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Yep about the same here...got some spring clean ups and new customers but Im not chasing every loose leaf around for 30 minutes....will wait for a calmer day

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah I hear ya...and people think I'm crazy when I tell them I much prefer the hot summer weather to the spring/fall. It's predictable. I know what to wear each day. 99% of the time if it rains, it's not til late in the day.
  6. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Weather here for the week. Monday, rain....wind at 25-30. Tuesday, low of 29, high was 82, Wednesday, nice and sunny high of 72. Thursday, temp was 55 at 7:00 am Rain and wind gusts to 30mph temp 36 at 1:00pm. Today, a small patch of snow flurries early this am. Wind 25mph, currently temp 53.
  7. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Hey Jason - would ya'll start closing the barn doors. This nasty crap is coming all the way down to Texas. Wednesday all the trees are covered in blooms. Thursday all the trees are covered in snow.
  8. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Hey don't look at me! I blame Nebraska! I guess we are lucky that it's just cold and blowing, but clear blue skies. Guess all the moisture went way south!

It's just not right I tell you...
  9. freshcut419

freshcut419 LawnSite Member

must be nice to be outside working. the ground is still frozen here in Toledo ohio
    with snow on top of it .
  10. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with fresh...no days on, all days off here in MN (and $0 coming in). Below 0 tonight.
    Will be about 3 weeks before I start shrub trimming I estimate - as soon as we get rid of some of this blasted snow.